1-1/4 cups cooked sweet potatoes
1 stick of butter
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-3 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring
1 pastry pie shell (9" deep dish)
1. Boil sweet potatoes in a big pan of water. When tender, peel the sweet
potatoes, then place in a large bowl and mash well. (if you beat them
with a hand mixer, the strings will wrap around the beaters and you can
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Add butter, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix well with a mixer.
4. Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla, and mix well.
5. Pour sweet potato mixture into prepared 9-inch deep dish pie shell
(homemade, frozen or refrigerator roll-out crust work equally well).
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees, then lower heat to 375 degrees F.
and bake for 25-35 minutes. The middle should be firm. Insert a knife
in the very center. If it comes out clean, the pie is done.
HINT: I place foil around the edges of pie crust so it won't get too dark.
Serve with whipped topping and enjoy!